All -rounder– Kevin Wynn


Published February 17, 2010
Hospitality Jamaica 

Amitabh Sharma
Hospitality Jamaica Senior Writer

Kevin Wynn is a team player and always seeks a way to find a solution to any problem, a trait that he learnt from playing football. 

A former Seba United player, Kevin is Lead House Person at Rose Hall Resorts, incharge of major projects in the property.

“I played forward, mid-field and defence,” Kevin recalled, “People still ask me why I am not playing football.”

 Kevin started playing football in school; he was the captain of Glendevon football team. “Steve Bucknor asked me to join the Seba team, I played for one season, but found it difficult to commute so I had to give it up to be with my girlfriend.”

Though his football was his first love, family responsibilities take precedence over everything. “For me my family comes first.”



He started his career with Sandals Royale as a houseman, and was subsequently joined the then Wyndham Rosehall resort. He has taken all his responsibilities diligently since. “I always strive to do things better everyday, and also take any opportunity to learn something new.”

He says that he considers himself lucky as he meets people from varied backgrounds and has a chance to share his experiences. “I get the opportunity to meet people with similar experiences,” he said.

Fifteen years on Kevin displays the grit and spirit as he learnt from his days of playing the game he loves, and he trains the new staff on the intricacies and best practices of house keeping.

But when the work has ended, this lead housekeeper says he always heads home. “I am a home person,” Kevin says, “I like to be home after work and watch movies or relax.”

He aspires to go back to school soon, “I want to further my skill in housekeeping and continue to learn and achieve high standards,” he added.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Naandeyé García Villegas – narrating social commentaries through her art

OFF THE BEATEN PATH - Free your spirits, rest your mind

Sonia Gray – custodian of Kingston’s best kept secret